Many thanks to everyone who attended our Members’ Event and AGM. If you missed it you can watch recordings over on the NSUN YouTube channel. Now available to watch (links will open in new tab):
- Opening keynote with Baljeet Sandhu with BSL
- Panel discussion with the Survivor Researcher Network “surviving and thriving as a survivor researcher” with Stephen Jeffreys, Dina Poursanidou, Holly Dale, Jacqui Lovell, Karen Machin and Peter Beresford
- Panel discussion: LGBTQ+ and survivor activism with Aimz Rushton, Kes Otter Lieffe, Meg-John Barker, Sabah Choudrey, and Suriya Aisha
- Panel discussion: what do user-led groups need? With Mark Brown, Ursula Myrie, Steph de la Haye, and Shuranjeet Singh, with BSL
- Panel discussion: youth activism & lived experience leadership with Amy Wells, Rosie Tressler, Denise Brown, and Liv Wynter, with BSL
- Closing keynote with Micha Frazer-Carroll & the NSUN team’s closing remarks, with BSL
We also held four group discussions with graphic facilitator Debbie Roberts from Engage Visually – we would like to share her resulting creations with you all:
Making lives better in mental health: what hurts and what works?
Peer support: what (and where) next?
Reflecting on NSUN: past, present, future
Activism and creativity
If you haven’t already, do check out the NSUN AGM 2020 website where you can view video contributions from members and browse our virtual creative exhibition. If you were inspired last week to get on your soapbox with a three-minute video about something that matters to you, it’s not too late to submit a soapbox video – email email@example.com for more info.
In case you missed it: view Akiko Hart’s summary of NSUN’s activity this past year for the 2020 AGM: