The British Institute for Human Rights, which coordinates he Human Rights Alliance NSUN is part of, are launching a campaign called ‘Celebrating 70 years of Universal Human Rights’.
Human Rights are fundamental and currently under threat in the UK, with the proposed Brexit withdrawal Bill taking away the Charter of Rights which is essential protection for all, especially for minority groups such as mental health survivors.
You can take part in the campaign in 2 ways: attending events in cities listed below, or/and sharing a blog on a Human Rights theme.
- Norwich, 20 March (in partnership with Norwich City Council)
- Connah’s Quay, 21 March (in partnership with Flintshire CAB)
- Chester 21 March (in partnership with the Forum for Research into Equality and Diversity – Chester University)
- York, 22 March (in partnership with York Human Rights City)
- Edinburgh, 23 March (in partnership with the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations)
The BIHR will feature blogs from alliance members during the campaign.
As NSUN is a network, members can submit blogs which we could pass on the to BIHR.
If you’d like to submit a piece, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before 18 March, putting ‘Human Rights blog’ in the subject line.