This vacancy is now closed.
Contract: fixed term for 2 years
Salary: £24,000 per year pro rata (£30,000 FTE)
Hours: 4 days per week (although enquiries about flexible working are welcome)
Location: remote working in the U.K. (NSUN does not have a physical office. Some occasional travel for team meetings will be required, with expenses covered by NSUN)
Deadline: 5pm, Monday 28th February
Interviews: Monday 14th March
As a UK mental health charity, we are a network of people and grassroots groups with lived experience of mental ill-health, distress and trauma. We come together to create, challenge and campaign. NSUN is a user-led organisation, and all staff and trustees have lived experience of mental ill-health, distress or trauma. Over the past 18 months, NSUN has scaled and changed. This is an exciting time to join an organisation which is growing, and a real opportunity to shape its future direction.
We are looking for someone with relevant skills to help deliver NSUN’s communication strategy and to develop our membership offer. Thinking creatively and working proactively will be an essential part of the role. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals from marginalised or racialised communities.
Specifically we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including close attention to detail and experience of writing for a range of audiences/outlets including websites and social media
- Proactive, flexible and responsive, with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Lived experience of mental ill-health, distress or trauma, with a passion for NSUN’s mission and work, and the ability to communicate it effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
Job description and information pack
- Click here to download the application form
- Click here to download the equality and diversity monitoring form
The application form and equality and diversity monitoring form must be completed and returned to email@example.com by 5pm, Monday 28th February.
Please note that we do not accept CVs/cover letters. Please make sure that all the information about your skills and experience is included in the application form. We recommend you use the full two pages allowed in the “supporting information” section in the application form to explain how you meet each of the points in the person specification.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Amy Wells, Communications Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.