NSUN network for mental health is an independent, service-user-led charity that connects people with experience of mental health issues to give us a stronger voice in shaping policy and services.
The National Involvement Partnership (NIP) project has been funded by the Department of Health IESD voluntary sector funding. The aim of the three year project was to strengthen involvement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the services and support we use for our mental health and wellbeing needs.
NSUN leads the NIP which also includes Social Perspectives Network, Afiya Trust and the Mental Health Foundation.
Meaningful involvement is important because it can transform individual lives, improve services and build resilience within communities. We are motivated by the motto 'Nothing about us without us'.
Some basic principles have been established to encourage people to think of involvement in terms of principles, purpose, presence, process and impact (4Pi).
Our work covers:
- Developing national standards for involvement and encouraging their adoption by a wide range of organisations to help embed good practice involvement nationally
- Sharing positive practice around involvement in service and community settings
- Delivering service user leadership training to foster local involvement activism
- Consultancy to statutory and voluntary organisations wishing to meaningfully involve service users in their activities
You can show your support by signing up to the 4Pi National Involvement Standards here.
Download the 4Pi poster here.
Download reports produced by this project
More about this project
- 4PI Signatories and 4PI In Practice examples
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) History
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) 2013 Consultation & Report
- National Involvement Partnership Advisory Group (NIP AG)
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) Consultancy
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) Pilot Sites Concept
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) Leicester Pilot Site
- National Involvement Partnership (NIP) Hackney Pilot Site
- National Involvement Standards Launch at NSUN's 2014 AGM